ABOUT 3 HEALTHY CHICKS          FAQ          HEALTHY CHICK CLUB          LINK LOVE          ADVERTISE           EVENTS          LITTLE DETAILS         

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Drinking Your Dinner

When I was in law school, I used to "drink my dinner" all the time. First, second and third course was a Becks followed by a dessert of some sort of fruity shot. Unless I was feeling exceptionally rowdie, in which case, first, second and third course was a sweet Makers manhattan with two cherries. Who needs dessert when you have cherries in your dinner?

Oh how the times have changed.

Tonight my dinner consisted of 4 carrots


Five oranges:

and a chunk of ginger. But of course, I am drinking it from a Basil T's beer mug




It has been 48 hours and I'm tired of drinking and I'm tired of peeing. Seriously, do you know how much you pee when you drink 32 ounces of liquid for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. OMG A LOT!

Honestly, yesterday was painful. For those of you who plan on juicing or doing a liquid cleanse, don't take a zumba class on the day you start and don't follow it up by teaching a yoga class. You won't have enough calories to sustain the activity and you'll end up with a blistering headache. Yowch. I should have known better. Lesson (re)learned.

Keep it Fresh!
~Terra

1 comment:

  1. I have a wonderful boyfriend who brings me a glass of carrot/ginger juice on the mornings after I party. so helpful and invigorating. I don't think I could juice up my life though-props. and props for listening to your body. again. xo awesome healthy gal

    ReplyDelete