Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
During my first trip to India in 2009, I was introduced to Tulsi tea, also known as 'holy basil' tea. I was told to drink it each day I was there to keep my immune system strong. Apparently, it worked because I remained healthy throughout and following my trip. I brought some back with me and have been hooked ever since! Luckily, Organic India makes a delicious line of Tulsi tea's that you can find here at all health food stores, and even in some supermarkets. I swear by the original flavor, but they have many different kinds. My favorite flavor is the Honey Chamomile all summer long, then I fall in love with the Orange Mint during the Fall and enjoy the Vanilla Creme when it's colder. My tastes clearly change with the seasons! If you see a box the next time you're food shopping, give it a try! Read below for all of the wonderful health benefits of this holy basil tea.
About Tulsi Tea
Tulsi tea, which originated in India thousands of years ago, is known for its rich antioxidant and adaptogenic properties that are known to promote wellness by building the body’s immune system, reducing stress and promoting mental clarity. It is recognized as one of India's most sacred herbs because of its health benefits and healing properties. Tulsi Tea's antioxidants protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals that facilitate the cause and progression of various types of diseases. Also referred to as holy basil tea, this herbal brew’s adaptogens serve as powerful anti-stress agents that protect your body from a wide range of health concerns. The adaptogens guard against and deal with physical, chemical, environmental, and emotional factors that produce high levels of stress that compromise physical and mental health.
Potential Health Benefits of Tulsi Tea
· Strengthens the immune system, promotes longevity and enhances well-being.
· Promotes heart health by lowering cholesterol and high blood pressure.
· Reduces the negative physical and psychological effects of stress.
· Increases the body’s efficiency in using oxygen, which improves stamina, strength and endurance.
· Promotes respiratory health.
· Helps with digestion and gastrointestinal problems.
· Neutralizes dangerous biochemicals that contribute to cancer, degenerative diseases and premature aging.
· Facilitates healthy liver function.
· Reduces cell and tissue damage from sun rays, radiation therapy and other radiation sources.
· Relieves inflammation from arthritis and other diseases.
· Helps fight infections.
Keep it fresh!