- Watch portion sizes and eat favorite holiday foods, such as sugary cakes and cookies, in moderation.
- Limit alcohol to avoid too many extra calories. At parties, alternate alcoholic beverages with sparkling water with lemon.
- Avoid skipping meals, as this may lead to overeating later on, a slowdown in metabolism, and fatigue.
- Never go to parties hungry since it is easy to overeat when famished. Eat a small, nutritious snack before leaving for a party or drink a tall glass of water before hitting the buffet table.
- Prepare baked foods or holiday meals using natural sweeteners or lower-calorie and lower-fat versions of ingredients.
- Eat slowly at meals and wait at least 15 minutes before going back for a second helping. This gives the body enough time to feel satiated.
- Maintain a normal workout schedule to balance food intake and calorie burn. If time is an issue, consider shorter, more intense workouts.
Keep it fresh!