Friday, July 23, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Woah, it's HOT on the Jersey shore. As I drove home from my Wise Mamas Prenatal and Mommy and Me classes last tuesday, the temp actually reached 105?! Seriously, I think 105 is out of line! Regardless, summer is here, it's in full force and everyone should take advantage of it.
Summer is like the season of the possible. The plants are blooming (my cantaloupe plant is currently exploding with fruit on my balcony, thanks to the bumble bees!) and the sun makes you feel vibrant and radiant. The longer days and increased vitamin D makes it feel like we can accomplish anything. The funny thing is, when we feel like we can accomplish anything - we can!
All you have to do is harness that energy, ride the wave of summer and try something new!
Throughout the year, most of us live extremely buys lives. We move through our tasks with an intense pace and oftentimes get stuck in a routine. Don't get me wrong, routine isn't always bad. It's great to have consistency. However, if we choose consistency for the sake of efficiency or simply out of the fear of change our chances for the extraordinary drop. Lack of variety stagnates not only our mind, but our body and heart.
Breaking our routine brings the fresh and exciting into our our life. It keeps us on our toes and every aspect of our life, including our health, vibrant! Sometimes change and trying new things can be scary, but almost always it brings health, vitality and excitement to our lives.
Check out our top 5 ways to Keep it Fresh this summer:
1. Be In the Moment. We’re human beings, not human doings. Let go of the past and the future in order to savor every juicy moment of the present. Surfing is an amazing way to be in the moment while enjoying the summer sun. Don't know how to surf? Take a lesson! Contact Shawn Zappo at Yoga Basin, hit the Asbury Park Boardwalk and catch some waves!
2. Move Your Body and Sweat Once a Day. It will flush toxins from the largest organ of the body – your skin! Movement gets your endorphins pumping, creates more energy and just makes you feel good! Try Terra's Monday 9:00am Soul Sweat class or Lauren's Thursday 9:00am Gentle Haltha class at Asbury Park Dance & Yoga. If you want to really dust off those dancing shoes, check out the other amazing class opportunities at AP Dance including zumba, belly dance, tap, tango, hip hop and caberet. There's no excuse not to shake your groove thang!
3. Try It Raw. Eat more living, fresh foods in the warm months including unprocessed fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds and sprouted grains. Their vibrant energy and nutrient density will leave you looking and feeling great! For amazing raw cuisine check out The Cinnamon Snail every Sunday at the Red Bank Farmers Market.
4. Add Music To Your Life. Go see or listen to your favorite artist every chance you get. The vibration of your favorite music is so healthy for your mind, body and soul. The Jersey Shore has a rich music history tons of great venues that schedule talented musicians on the regular! Check out a couple of our favorite venues, the Stone Pony and The Saint to catch a great show and dance the night away!
5. Nothing Left To Do But Smile, Smile, Smile. Everyone has heard the saying it takes 13 muscles to smile and 33 to frown, why over do it? Give a friendly smile to each person you encounter throughout your day. At the end of the day, reflect back on how great your day went. Enjoy the happiness you brought to another person’s day!
Whatever adventure or way to Keep it Fresh calls to you, use the summer months to make it happen and fully enjoy your life! Increasing new experiences and excitement in your life can decrease your dependence on artificial stimulants like caffeine and sugar, this naturally leads to vibrant health! When you try new things and keep your life fresh and exciting you will see massive improvements in your physical well being, mental acuity and motivation. Plus you'll have a whole portfolio filled with summer fun!
Keep it Fresh!