ABOUT 3 HEALTHY CHICKS          FAQ          HEALTHY CHICK CLUB          LINK LOVE          ADVERTISE           EVENTS          LITTLE DETAILS         

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Healthy Chick Melodies: Summer Tunage

It's summer! Blue skies, riding bikes, relaxing days on the shore, sipping on cold, tasty drinks at beach bars filled with good times. Such beautiful weather gracefully demands equally beautiful soundtracks. What better time for Healthy Chick summertime melodies?!

As always there have been quite a few albums on repeat in my playlist. The National's, High Violet, definitely has its moments, and they are great moments. Band of Horses new one, Infinate Arms, isn't exactly as artsy as the first two albums, but still delicious. LCD SoundSystem, This is Happening, has been one of my pump up albums I play as I'm getting ready to go out for a night of fun in Red Bank or Asbury. So fun! Groundation's, Dub Wars, although not quite new, has been my afternoon snack as I tend to my garden and clean my apartment with the sun streaming in. The Black Keys, Brothers, is so ridiculously good. I actually should be highlighting it down there with the others. I love their sexy rock and roll more than anything and in my opinion, it's their best album yet! Of course energetic Phish shows, lots of reggae, and mellow Grateful Dead concerts are always staples in my summer album rotations!

What this Healthy Chick is listening to...NOW!:

The Drums - The Drums
Super cool, retro tunes that are so insanely upbeat! Perfect for summer beach days. Not very much to them but a simple drum beat, a melody played on a single guitar string, yet loaded with catchy pop gems. When the sun is shining I haven't been able to turn it off! LOVE it!!!!
Definitely the most fun (and poppiest) song on the album: Let's Go Surfing

She & Him - Volume Two
I know this came out back in March but duo Zooey Deschanel & M. Ward's new one is way too playful and cute for cold winter days. This sweet little album was definitely my #1 favorite Spring album and still plays in my car on these sunny summer days. And seriously, anything that Zooey Deschanel does brings a smile to my face. Sigh...

Wild Nothing - Gemini
This album is a bunch of hushed vocals beneath a sonic, murky recording style. I just can't get enough of the overwhelming feeling of semi-ambient summer nostalgia. Sparkly, dreamy, beautifully heart-stealing song writing. I'm enjoying it so much and the cover reminds me of Man Ray's photography (above). <3


I'm currently putting together my annual summer playlist that I like to share with everyone who receives my Center Your Health newsletter. My summer 2010's playlist will be in July's newsletter, so please be sure to sign up if you haven't already!


What are you listening to right now? I'd love to hear, please share below!

Keep it fresh!
- Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment