ABOUT 3 HEALTHY CHICKS          FAQ          HEALTHY CHICK CLUB          LINK LOVE          ADVERTISE           EVENTS          LITTLE DETAILS         

Monday, September 7, 2009

Lauren's Mango Salsa

I am a freak for Mexican in the summer months, I am not sure why. Maybe its the fresh cilantro that I find so totally refreshing, but either way, I love it and could eat it everyday during the summer. I also love fresh fruit in the summer, so I have been experimenting with making mango salsa, and I wanted to share my recipe with you!


I was never really into mangoes until my trip to India this past Spring. Their mangoes were absolutely divine (literally!), so now each time I have one it takes me back to my time in India.



:) Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1 ripe mango
1/2 small red onion
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 lime
1 jalapeno chili (optional, I particularly don't need the spicy kick!)
1/2 cup pineapple
Dash of sea salt



Directions:



Peel, pit and cut mango into 1/4-inch pieces. (For directions on how to cut a mango, click here) Place mango in blender and blend gently, until the mangoes have a salsa-like consistency. (If you want a chunkier salsa, like the one pictured above, skip the blender step!) Cut pineapple into small chunks. Chop onion, pepper, and fresh cilantro. Mix all ingredients well, adjust seasoning to your liking. Chill to marinate and marry flavors.



Benefits of Mangoes



Mangoes contain powerful antioxidants, are loaded with iron and are low in carbohydrates. Mangoes are effective in relieving clogged pores of the skin. They are also valuable to combat acidity and poor digestion. Mangoes are a rich source of vitamin A (beta-carotene), vitamin E, and selenium which help to protect against heart disease and other ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment